Enforcers Necromunda Gang

Back to modelling this week; I've got one week off before I head back to meet up for our Necromunda campaign weekend.  After finishing my own Cawdor Gang, I got straight to work on the next gang for one of my opponents without his own.  I also happen to be a big fan of these classic style models.

I scraped them together from various Ebay sellers, and the whole lot together cost a considerable amount, getting on for £100 (mainly because of the rare Sergeant model).  We watched the French film L'Assault for some inspiration and it was supplied in bags.  Cue SCT-7!

The ones in the back row are all standard out-of-the-box models, as well as the Sergeant.  I didn't want to tinker too much with these models - but I managed to pick up a heavy model (front right), without any arms and so I used a
leftover FW Space Marine riot shield (last used on my Zone Mortalis team) and a Zinge Industries pistol, I got a great-looking model. 



A flash of inspiration led to the bloody handprint.
Sergeant Gale Kaltos - we won't see GW making models of this calibre again.
Worth every one of the many many pennies I spent on him.
To differentiate between the two identical shotgunners I gave one the
'K-9' badge and made him the cyber-mastiff handler.
There we have it - painting was really simple.  Exactly what it looks like - black undercoat, white helmet, red padding and details.  Each model took about ten minutes total painting time, perfect for getting these guys ready for combat quickly!

And that's it for now - I have one more Guard update to follow later this week, then the campaign shall begin!  A 48hr cramming session of endless Necromunda battles, due for the weekend after next ... it's going to be brilliant.

The Colonel

Comments

  1. So, so good. Great job Col. for a ten minute turn around.

    The hand print is a great addition.

    I've got a mixed set of current and older Enforcer models hanging about at the back of my shelf. I've been quite tempted to bust out those, or some other Necro figures I have lurking around and throw some paint at them after reading both yours and Headolgist's posts.

    So jealous of you right now. Scientists need to hurry up and invent a teleporter so I can hop back and forth to Old Blighty whenever I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, very kind. Glad you're enjoying the posts, and hopefully we can do lots of photos and give you the next best thing. If you ever do come over here, by teleport or more boring methods, you will have to let us know...

      Delete
  2. As I said before, bloody beeautiful sir! Shall be a brilliant weekend indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got one thing to say to the riot shield chap: "You've got red on you..."

      I've been after a couple of shields for my Navy boarders, not sure if the FW ones are a little on the large size though. What do you think?

      Delete
    2. They're fairly bulky, being designed for SMurfs and all. It's more the arms which are the problem - but I've found they fit okay with Cadian arms - the un-shoulder plated SM shoulder is almost exactly the same size as the carapace armour shoulder so it fits okay there. See the Zone Mortalis link for this in action. If they don't work I've got some real-world, 28mm riot shields which I bought then decided not to use. They're more modestly sized and have no arms attached, if you want them?

      Delete
    3. That would be massively helpful, I only need a couple. As I mentioned I have a fair few bitz that may be use to you.

      Delete
  3. I used to have these guys, love the painting especially the shield!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, glad you like 'em! Their entire ethos summed up in one handprint...

      Delete
  4. Awesome work, mate! The mortalis shield works a treat, and I always love seeing the old school sculpt sergeant - that's one of my favorite models of all time. Looking forward to hearing how the Necromunda games go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, yeah it was just one of those 'dry tinkers' but seemed to work so I ran with it!

      Delete
  5. Very nice straight forward scheme Col. Hand print is a super cool touch and very convincingly done too.

    Am everso envious of your being able to enjoy a whole weekend of Necromunda. I’ve got these Orlock figures that I bought from when the game was first released that really need to be played with again….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's been a long time coming, we've all been gaming for probably three years all together, and this is the first game weekend of more than three of us (with any ruleset!).

      Delete
  6. I always loved those models and you really did the proud. As others have said, the riot shield is top and the blood markings add the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marshal! Glad you like 'em, bit of urban pacification...

      Delete
  7. Looking at these give me the Judge Dredd tingles all over. I know they're Arbites but we know what that really means. Great looking minis all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah when I first saw Dredd (not that many years ago, the original), I did think halfway through they looked a bit like Enforcers....

      Delete
    2. You subjected yourself to the Stallone "uhmthelaw" version?! You poor sod. I need to lend you some of the 80s comics, you soon see where GW got half their ideas from (Rick Priestly said he'd been working on the Dredd RPG just before Rogue Trader so no surprise some of it rubbed off)

      Delete
  8. Absolutely brilliant - especially the handprint!

    That reminds me - I really ought to do a post on my much-ignored arbites. I don't think I've ever even mentioned that I have a sqaud of 5 converted Arbites on SM bikes...

    Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Drax - and wow if you have that squad kicking about I'd love to see some photos ... post soon, eh?

      Delete
    2. Second the request for photos, I've often thought SM bikes are the perfect Lawmaster proxy, look forward to seeing them.

      Delete
    3. It's up!

      Not the highest quality conversion or painting, but a great overall impression, and hey - I bought 'em like that (more-or-less).

      http://admiraldrax.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/362-did-someone-say-arbites-on-bikes.html

      Delete
  9. These close ups are super useful for the kitbashed Arbites I'm currently planning... Finding a suitable set of legs is going to be an absolute pain...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts